Saturday, November 19, 2011

Remembering Steve Jobs

There are few people in this world who reach such remarkable achievements as Steve Jobs has and he truly made a huge dent in the universe.  I’m sure by the time you’re reading this you’ve already heard the unfortunate news Steve Jobs passed away yesterday.

I wanted to write something about this incredible person who was able to create something meaningful for the world and place such impact on others lives.  Steve overcame many hardships it’s amazing he inspired so many despite his struggles.  I love studying successful people and I can tell you Steve Jobs tops the list of people who’s traits and creative ingenuity I’ve studied.

Even if you’re not into technology and gadgets you can still respect the remarkable level of impact he’s had as just about everybody has or at least knows somebody who uses one of his creations.  iPhones, iPods and iMacs have made technology more accessible for everyday people who are just looking to stay in contact with their loved ones and share some memories.

Immediately upon hearing upon his death I was deeply saddened and it felt like somebody pulled the rug from out under me.  I can truly say he was one of my heroes and I know my life will be forever impacted as I’m striving to create my own dent in the universe.

I also quickly went to YouTube and watched his 2005 commencement speech to Stanford University with some immediate relief from the unfortunate news.

After watching Steve’s commencement speech you can’t help but feel inspired to start taking action on the life you truly want to live and to not try fitting into what society thinks you should be.  One of the main reasons I created this blog was the opportunity of being able to reach so many people and hopefully inspire their journey towards transforming their bodies, lives and minds.

Some of the quotes I love from this speech:

“No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there. And yet, death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it, and that is how it should be, because death is very likely the single best invention of life. It’s life’s change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new.”

“Almost everything: all external expectations, all pride all fear of embarrassment or failure. These tings just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose.”

“You can’t connect the dots looking forward you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something: your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. Because believing that the dots will connect down the road will give you the confidence to follow your heart, even when it leads you off the well worn path.”

No comments:

Post a Comment